Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Painting of Maisie

So I have been in my depressive phase of painting, meaning that I haven't picked up a brush in close to a year. Part of that was due to the fact that we recently moved and the chaos of moving is not conducive to painting.
Once we were moved in I got my new space set up with my easel, taboret, and paints... then I just sat there...waiting for inspiration to hit.

A short time later Mary's Uncle, David, commissioned me to do a portrait of his friends dog, Maisie. I accepted and dove right in. It was great to smell the oils and the mineral spirits once again ( I love that mixture of smells). I also love the feel of the paint as it's being manipulated on the canvas.

Thanks for the kick start, David. Hopefully I can start producing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment